Live News

Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies in Trial Over Skiing Collision in Utah

Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies in Trial Over Skiing Collision in Utah
Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies in Trial Over Skiing Collision in Utah

In 2016, Gwyneth Paltrow was skiing at a resort in Utah when she collided with a man on the slopes. The man, Terry Sanderson, filed a lawsuit against Paltrow, claiming that she was skiing recklessly and caused him serious injuries.

Paltrow denied the allegations and filed a countersuit, claiming that Sanderson was the one at fault for skiing into her. The case went to trial in January 2020, and a jury ultimately ruled in Paltrow’s favor, finding that she was not at fault for the collision.

During the trial, Paltrow testified that she was skiing downhill when Sanderson suddenly appeared in front of her, and she was unable to avoid colliding with him. Sanderson, on the other hand, charged that Gwyneth Paltrow was skiing out of control and hit him from behind.

In the end, the jury found that there was not enough evidence to support Sanderson’s claims and ruled in Paltrow’s favor. The case was dismissed, and Paltrow did not have to pay any damages to Sanderson.

There were differing accounts of what exactly happened during the ski collision. According to Sanderson’s lawsuit, Paltrow “skied out of control” and hit him from behind, causing him to suffer a concussion and other injuries. Sanderson also claimed that Paltrow didn’t stop to help him after the collision.

Paltrow’s representatives disputed Sanderson’s version of events and claimed that she was skiing responsibly and did not cause the collision. They also pointed out that Paltrow stayed with Sanderson until the ski patrol arrived to take him to the hospital.

In her countersuit, Paltrow accused Sanderson of lying about the incident and causing her emotional distress. She argued that Sanderson had sued her for financial gain and sought the symbolic $1 in damages as a way of making a point about the frivolous nature of Sanderson’s lawsuit.

The case was settled out of court in January 2020, with the terms of the settlement remaining confidential.